Talmud Yelodim Institute
Two years hence, in 1851, the school was chartered as “The Talmud Yelodim Institute.” The school was likely one of the first Jewish day schools in the country.
The school prospered until 1867 when a torrent of Jewish children left to attend Cincinnati public schools.
The religious school of K.K. Bene Yeshurun continued to grow, but shifted to become a supplementary school, offering religious instructions several days a week, in competition with the supplementary schools of other congregations.